Taylor Swift is just 25 years of age, however that hasn’t prevented her from tearing it up over the music business. It doesn’t make a difference if she’s dramatic before a great many fans or hitting the dance floor with a youth, she realizes how to intrigue.
See which of these 10 crazy and unusual facts about Taylor Swift are new to you:
1. Taylor Swift was born on December 13, 1989, in Reading, Pennsylvania, to Scott Kingsley Swift and Andrea Gardner (Finlay) Swift. She was named after James Taylor, a famous singer and performer in his own right.
2. After learning from a visiting computer repairman how to play three guitar chords, Taylor Swift wrote her first song, “Lucky You,” at the age of 12. Today, she can play guitar, banjo, piano, ukulele, and electric guitar.
3. Taylor Swift is the first country singer to win an MTV Video Music Award, and at the age of 11 won a talent contest by covering “Big Deal,” a song made popular by LeAnn Rimes.
4. Swift has received more than 200 awards from nearly 600 nominations. Some of the most prestigious include seven Grammy Awards, 22 Billboard Music Awards, and 16 American Music Awards.
5. In 2014, Swift told Rolling Stone she was distancing herself from the country scene, making her transition to pop complete. She announced at that time that she would no longer go to country music award shows or promote her albums on country radio stations.
6. Swift enjoys writing many of her own songs, with some of the most popular including “Bad Blood,” “Our Song,” and “Back to December.” “Our Song” was written for her high school talent show, but eventually ended up on her debut album. It later became a No. 1 single that won her many awards. In fact, she’s such a prolific writer that she’s credited as one on every song she’s ever released and is the sole writer on more than half of them.
7. She regularly shares her good fortune (and fortune) with others, such as by funding the Taylor Swift Education Center at the Country Music Hall of Fame in Nashville.
8. Swift has an estimated net worth of $200 million, generated primarily from music, touring, and endorsements. In 2015, she will earn approximately $80 million. In addition to her music royalties and touring, she has a variety of endorsement deals, including Keds and Coca-Cola.
9. Swift keeps a bedroom in her house for her BFF Karlie Kloss, complete with Karlie’s favorite snacks and tons of photos of her on the wall.
10. Swift is more than just a pretty face with a killer voice. She is also a history buff, noting on her website that she knows American history “like the back of my hand.”